This year I decided to go the extra mile (so I thought) and make something crafty to give to our friends and neighbors. I decided to keep all of the expensive formula cans (Nutramigen $26.00, 16oz cans) of Emily's and get a little extra use out of them. I figured that I had spent so much money on them, they needed to pay their dues. So, I contacted my scrap booking friend to see if she had any cute things that I could pay her for, purchased pretty Christmas scrapbook paper and decided to try my luck. I felt they turned out fine, but I WILL NOT be doing it again! It took way to long. Inside of the decorated cans, I lined them with tissue paper and filled them with different types of cookies. I ended up only making 6 and then for the rest of my friends I purchased candy and candles (I know, I was a little generic) but they were much easier.
On Sunday we decided to delivery our gifts. We let Ethan and Adam take them to the door and say, "Merry Christmas". The first two houses were hysterical. The first house has 2 small dogs that came out and I thought Adam was going to have a heart attack. Then Ethan disappeared into their house and closed the door leaving Adam outside by himself with the dogs. Dan and I were laughing so hard at Adam we didn't realize that Ethan was gone. We finally sent Adam back to the door to ask Ethan to come on. He came running out with a tin full of goodies. They were both screaming about this. Then they decided that this should and would happen at every house, even though we tried to explain to them that we were giving things away and not expecting anything in return. I think Ethan's response was, "they were so cool mom!" At the second house, Adam knew what to expect and wasn't going to let Ethan leave him out in the cold. They both stood in front of the door, said "Merry Christmas" waited 2 seconds, our friends must have said come in and in exact unison they both stepped into the house together and closed the door. Five minutes later they emerged with goodies, you would have thought they had won the lottery. The next few houses weren't quite as exciting for them but they still had a great time!

1 comment:
That is so funny--hahah:) I can just picture the boys all excited. The cans are cute:) looks like ALOT of work.
oh-- Thanks for the great gift you gave us. I thought you said it was small-- what ever!! hahah, very nice of all of you- thanks:)
Post a Comment