Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cookies and Diets Do Go Together!

I love finding new Weight Watchers Recipes. I also love buying the boxes of WW cookies, but they tend to get a little pricey when my husband and kids are eating them faster than I am. I found this recipe and they are super good, plus most of the ingredients you already have at home! The biggest part, you get 2 cookies for 1 point!!

Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp light butter, softened (I like Brummel and Brown Spread)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, dark-variety
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar. Add vanilla, salt and egg white; mix thoroughly to combine. In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda; stir into batter. Add chocolate chips to batter; stir to distribute evenly throughout. Drop rounded half-teaspoons of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets, leaving a small amount of space between each cookie. Bake cookies until golden around edges, about 4 to 6 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Makes 24 servings.

Serving size is 2 cookies
Each serving = 1 Weight Watchers Point

If you want a bigger cookie, then drop 1 teaspoon full of dough onto baking sheet. Then your serving size is 1 cookie for 1 point.

2 comments:

... said...

Interesting. And they taste good?? I kept re-reading the ingredients because there wasn't much there-- hahah.. RIght now I will stick to reg cookies- give me 3 months and I might change my mind-- hahah:)

Amy said...

I was going to ask the same thing as Marcie... is it any good? LOL

One of my friends told me about Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies... a box of spice cake mix, can of pumpkin, and about 1 cup of mini choc chips.... (can't remember what else). It's similar to the spice muffins (spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, 1 thing of water & bake as muffins for 1 point). Anyways.. those cookies are like a point each (or something like that).