Grandma, Ethan, Adam & niece Presley
Grandma, Ethan & Adam
Grandma & Mom

On Wednesday January 7, 2009 my wonderful grandma "Norma O'Dell" passed away. I was fortunate enough to have my Grandma visit in May 2008, for Emily's baby shower.
Dan and I loaded up the kids and headed for Arizona on Thursday afternoon, since Dan had client meetings all morning on Thursday. This was a long and grueling 13 hour trip (not including stops, when you have 3 kids you know you have to stop). We arrived in Safford, AZ at 2:45am on Friday morning, slept for about 5 hours and then we had to head over to the funeral home to help dress, etc. The service was on Saturday afternoon and then Sunday morning we headed back home. My darling children handled the trip like troopers. Poor Emily was so good, except for the last hour. She screamed so hard that we had to pull over and take her out of her chair for a while (adding more time to our trip) but we didn't mind, she didn't even fuss the rest of the time. Our little family is still completely exhausted. I had to make Ethan get up for school this morning (he usually wakes me) and I had to wake Emily up at 8:55 to take Adam to preschool, I know that doesn't seem early but she went to sleep at 7:00pm the night before (14 hours). We were so blessed to be able to see and spend time with our Family and Friends!

2 comments:
I love all of the pics. Its still hard for me to think about her. I guess death is just a really sad thing. Sorry to hear about Em crying so hard. She probably had just had it- poor thing. Its hard on kids to travel.
So sorry to hear about your Grandma, hope your mom is okay! Tell her so sorry and hello for me.
Post a Comment