This Friday was a little crazy for me - to say the least. We had Adams 3rd birthday party from 11:00-12:15 and then I headed off to the church to set up and decorate for our wards family pizza night.
Adam wanted a T-Rex party. We invited seven of his friends over for a fun filled party full of dinosaurs, games, cake and goodies. I read online how someone had set out all of her son's toy dinosaurs in the main room, letting the kids play for a while. I thought this sounded like a good idea. It would keep the kids busy until everyone had arrived to play game
s. I didn't realize how many dinosaurs Ethan and Adam had in their collections (20)! I know this sounds crazy, but Dan and I have only bought a few of them. The rest have come from grandparents and friends.
Dan blew up a picture of a triceratops, so the kids could play pin the nose on the triceratops. We also had four different dinosaur pictures that the kids could color, then we would open presents and have cake. But, we ended up not playing any of the games. The kids were having to much fun playing with all of the toy dinosaurs :o)
He had two previous birthday cakes where he was able to blow out candles, the first was when both grandparents were here and the second was the day of his birthday. So, instead of making a huge Dino cake I made cake cones, they are so cute. They look like vanilla ice cream cones with sprinkles. I then topped them with an assortment of dinosaur rings.

Adam had a great time! He loved all of his gifts and has been playing with them everyday since.

3 comments:
Looks like fun! So the ice cream cones are cake right? Cute idea.
Fun for Adam!!! So did you get a nap after all of that? How did the pizza party go. I had a church activity this weekend too. I was in charge of the kids game--gag! anyways, did Adam get his silly gift from us?-- miss ya
How cute!! Did you put that huge dino picture up on their wall after it was all done?!
Post a Comment