Friday, November 20, 2009

My New Rug







Ok, so I have been looking for a super cute rug for my Living Room for a long time (try over a year)!  I really love the tan/cream shag rugs, but I felt they only looked super cute on dark hardwood floors and since I have tan carpet, I wanted some type of contrast.  I thought about going with a traditional rug, but it just doesn't fit my style.  Anyway,  I stumbled across this rug and I fell in love with it.  So, of course I waited 2 months to build up the courage to go buy it and then prayed that they still had it.  I know it is a little bold, but thats what I love about it.  Plus, I thought it tied all of my colors together really well.  You will have to let me know what you think, and it's ok to tell me you hate it.  Here was my husbands thoughts, "tell me again, what's the purpose of a rug."  And when I asked if he liked it he said, "it's growing on me".  

5 comments:

Julie said...

I think it is perfect. Rugs are so hard, I can see why it took you a year or more to find one you liked.

Mauri said...

super cute!!!

... said...

I really like it. Your carpet and furniture are really monotone colors, so the splash of contrast makes the room pop! I have a shag tan rug and let me tell you shag is hard to keep new looking. You have to clean it often to keep a fresh look:(

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

It is totally you! I love it. You have great decorating skills.

Amy said...

I personally LOVE it!! It's good to have a splash of "something" in the middle of the room!! We finally got rid of our rug that was under our table. I'm still trying to find "that perfect rug" myself!