Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Marcie

Marcie's Wedding - Yes I'm 8 months pregnant with Ethan


Tiffany and Marcie - Wesley's Wedding




Today is my little sister's birthday! Ok, so she isn't that little anymore she turned 30 today. She is a beautiful, thoughtful, caring woman and she is one of my BFF's! She unfortunately lives very far away (hilo, Hawaii) so we only get to see each other on special occasions. She has 2 beautiful daughters, and yes they will be as gorgeous as she is.

Here are a few experiences that I remember most about my sister:

  • She hated to wear fru fru dresses. My mother was always trying to put her in ruffles and she would get very angry (tantrum :o).
  • She was mad that I got the blond cabbage patch doll for Christmas (I think hers was brunette - she was also blond) so she took fingernail polish and colored in my dolls eyes. When we tried to remove the polish my baby doll was in permanent sleep mode, her eyes came off!
  • We would play Barbie's together for hours. Our barbie names were always (shauna or stefanie - it was the 80's).
  • Dan and I were visiting my family and after church my sister offered us a ride home in her car. After Dan and I had crawled inside, we noticed her key wasn't fitting into the ignition. We soon realized why when she ran away screaming/laughing hysterically because it wasn't her car, it just looked exactly like it. Let's just say we couldn't get out fast enough.
  • We grew up in a small town in AZ, so obviously there wasn't a shopping mall near by. My mom would plan these girl weekend shopping trips. Mom, grandma, Marcie and I would drive to Phoenix (4 hrs away) and spend a fabulous weekend shopping, eating out, swimming, and going to movies. I still remember these as some of the best times !

I love you Marcie, I hope you have a fantastic birthday! Thanks for being the best sister ever!







1 comment:

... said...

Thanks so much for the great post on my B day. You made me cry-- maybe I am just emotional-hahah:) But I love you to and am very glad to have you as my older sister. And yes I was always soooo mad when I got the brown headed dolls:)

xoxo
Marcie