Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My New Favorite Things



On Saturday Dan and I went to dinner with some couples from his office. We decided to go for sushi, I have had a few sushi rolls before but I had never experienced all of the amazing varieties. I can now say that I am hooked! It was amazing! Most of the rolls that they ordered had cooked salmon, crab or shrimp in it but there were several that didn't. I told them not to tell me which one's weren't cooked because I was afraid I would chicken out. My favorite sushi roll had cream cheese, fresh jalapeno peppers and crab or shrimp then the entire roll was dipped in tempura batter and fried, then they drizzled it with this amazing sauce. I even had to use chop sticks, which I may add I am getting better with.


We are in the process of renovating our kitchen. We have added the back splash and changed out all of the lights and we are now in the process of installing granite counter tops. I am very excited, I have been wanting new counter tops since we moved in. Dan agreed that the update would help on the resale value of our home and so the granite is our anniversary gift to each other (I know, this sounds wonderfully romantic). But after 10 years of marriage and 3 kids later, what more could I ask for. We went to the granite gallery on Saturday and Dan and I chose Giallo Ornamental, it will go great with our dark cabinets, tan back splash and black fixtures. We are scheduled to have it installed on Friday 21st, but yesterday they called and said they were trying to push it to this weekend. I definitely wasn't anticipating this, but I will happily accept. It's not everyday that a contractor wants to come earlier than scheduled! I will post pictures after everything is all completed!

3 comments:

... said...

The food looks really yummy, glad you got to get out (on what sounds almost like a date:0)... So did you remove the old counter tops yet? Can't wait to see the new kitchen. (ohhh-- to have a real kitchen---sigh....)

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

Sushi......WOW! Of course the fried is the favorite who doesn't like fried food..hahaha
Counters will be beautiful!!!! I can't wait for you to post pictures.

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

Sushi......WOW! Of course the fried is the favorite who doesn't like fried food..hahaha
Counters will be beautiful!!!! I can't wait for you to post pictures.