Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beautiful Day at the Zoo










The weather has been very bearable lately. So some friends and I thought we would chance the rain and humidity and take our little ones to the Zoo. It is an amazing zoo and there are a lot of things to see. We actually lucked out and it didn't rain while we were walking around seeing the animals for the five hours we were there. The sun came out and it actually got hot. When I asked the boys what they liked best, Adam said, "sharks!!!!" Ethan said, "I liked the rhinos and cheetahs, no wait, all of them."


Four of my girlfriends and I went with our kids, there were 12 boys and 3 girls. Everywhere we went, people were in awe of how many boys we had in our group. They would stop and ask us questions like, "are they all yours" or "are you with a school". Ethan and Adam had a great time playing and hanging with all of the boys, I think their hardest decision of the day was who to stand by next. We did have a little drama when we were leaving the zoo. As good mothers, we stopped and took all of our little ones to the bathrooms, I had even just filled Emily's bottle with water (in case she needed formula refreshment on the way home). And as we were all loaded up in our strollers to walk out of the park Ethan lets out blood curdling screams. I turned around immediately ready to fight off some crazy predator (based on his screaming) to find my sons hands covered in red fire ants. I took Emily's bottle of water and dumped it over his hands, trying to wipe away the ants but they would not let go of his skin. I rapidly swept him into the bathroom and dowsed his hands in running water. The zoo patrol I guess heard the screaming and came to see if I was killing him (not really) they brought over sting medicine and cleaned up the park bench where all of the ants were roaming. There was even a very nice mother who had benadryl liquid and cream and gave those to me. Needless to say, Ethan had about 10 bites on his hands and was a little frazzled. Then as we were walking through the zoo gates to head home, it decides to down pour on us. It was quite hysterical, I was laughing the entire way to the car. My friends and I were covered from head to toe with water while our children were dry and comfortable. Oh a mothers job is never done. There were two things that I learned from yesterdays experience; first, you can't trust the weather man and second, I need to be more prepared and carry medicines and creams with me (those items honestly never even cross my mind).

2 comments:

... said...

Looks like fun. Wish Presley was closer to your kids so they could hang out:( (Also, to answer your question about my bag, I used dark t-shirt tansfer paper from walmart:)

Mk said...

cute Blog Tiffany! Sorry about the ant bites- so sad!